I came across this in my binder today and realized I had not published this. I think it speaks for itself, but as we cover the associated drills in the coming months it may help you visualize the drill itself.
- Train how you Live, same clothes, same gear, same gun. Don’t go to the range suited and geared up like a SWAT Officer or Airborne Para-Troop, wear and use what you carry with you everyday.
- Hard Focus on ECQ Shooting, >5 Ft. Distances & Close Contact.
- 70/30 Dry to Live Fire Ratio; Fundamentals are only cemented by Repetition.
- Movement approached with the clock method, empahsizing obliques.
- Displacement Trumps Marksmanship; learn to move and shoot. It is always more important to NOT get shot in a gunfight.
- Combat Accuracy; forget about the bullseye, any hit in the pumphouse (center mass) or the Computer (head) is Good for you, bad for him. Flush the ideal of always shooting nice tight groups, that is for target shooting and impressing your friends, not combat shooting and fighting for your life.
- Cognitive Stress Drills; learn to think on your feet and use discretion before you squeeze the shot
- Continuum Concept; Drills must have an equal mix of point and sighted fire. Approach this concept in terms of when do I really need to use my sights? Typically Distance, Time and Circumstance will dictate this.
- Ambidextrous Weapon Handling; there is no “Strong” or “Weak”, all martial arts promote using both hands, firearms are just an extension of your fist.
- Smooth is Fast; eliminate un-needed movement and tension (jerky) in weapon handling and Presentation of the weapon.
You must be logged in to post a comment.